Yana, a native of Vladivostok, Russia is the daughter a professional ballet dancer who still teaches and choreographs in Russia. Following her mother, Elena’s graceful footsteps, Yana began the study of Music and Dance at the age 4. As a little girl, Yana began performing at her mother’s annual recitals, competed at different dance competitions and also appeared on local television shows, becoming a celebrity in her hometown. Yana attributes all the love and passion in her heart for the art of dance to her mother, Elena.
While obtaining her Bachelor’s degree in English Linguistics, Yana organized a modern-experimental dance troupe called Stihiya, meaning “Element” in Russian. Stihiya performed ardently at college recitals, various art festivals, and other venues. From 2000-2005, Yana taught professionally as a choreographer at Red Stars Model Agency, bringing the ancient art of Belly Dance to her students.
Yana brought her passion, talent, and teaching experience to Central Florida in 2005. She instructs Belly Dance and ZUMBA classes at many local fitness clubs, yoga, and dance studios in Volusia county. Yana is an instructor at the Orlando Belly Dance Academy where she currently performs with Multi Award Winning Orlando Belly Dance Performance Company and has appeared in countless shows.
In 2009, Yana founded Daytona Beach Belly Dance, a community of women who celebrate the joy of Middle Eastern music and dance together. The Daytona Beach Belly Dance students gather for classes during the week and performs during community cultural events.
Yana has thought at Orlando Bellydance 2009-2019, and now continues to teach at the newly formed World Dance Orlando school, which she and two other former Orlando Bellydance teachers established in 2018! The World Dance Orlando school has multiple yearly showcases for friends and family to attend and share in the love of Belly Dance and other styles.
Yana continues to learn and regularly attends dance, fitness and yoga seminars around the world to expand her knowledge, teaching methods, techniques and movements.
Over the last nine years, Yana:
- was certified in Suhaila Salimpour format Level 1 and currently working towards Level 2, Also she is certified in Jamila Salimpour format Level 1. Suhaila Salimpour is a 2nd generation Master Instructor and Performer; she runs one of the most internationally recognized belly dance certification programs.
- studied with Masters of the Dance such as Mahmoud Reda, Suhaila Salimpour, Saida, Aziza, Karen Barbee, Beata and Horacio Cifuentes and many others.
- was certified in Sahra Saeeda’s 20-hour “Journey through Egypt 1” and “Journey through Egypt 2” intensive workshop.
- currently studies Tango, Salsa, Flamenco, Bollywood, Samba, Polynesian dance through various classes and workshops.
Belly Dance Competition Awards:
1st Place: Belly Dancer of The World Fusion/Fantasy 2014
1st Place: Yellow Rose of Texas Professional Soloist 2013
Photographers Choice Ya Halla Ya’ll 2013
1st Runner Up: Professional Tribal/Alternative Solo Yellow Rose of Texas
Yana holds the following certifications
•Fitour Group exercise
•SilverSneakers® Fitness Program
•200-hour Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training
Yana continues to teach, choreograph and perform regularly throughout the country and abroad. Her favorite quote is “It’s not the rhythm or the steps that make the dance. But the passion that goes in the souls of those who dance” – Augusto Branco.
– “Yana is an absolutely breathtaking dancer that has the rare ability to transport you into her magical world… and make you never want to leave. As an instructor, she passionate about sharing not only her vast knowledge of the artform, but to truly help each dancer find their own voice. She is a unique and magnificent gem in the Middle Eastern Dance Arts.” – Suspira, Orlando Bellydance.
Bellydancing for Hire
Hire professional belly dancer to perform at your private party in the Central Florida Area! Yana offers fun and exciting family-friendly entertainment that is sure to be the highlight of your event. Yana is available for the following types of events.
- Birthday / Anniversary
- Wedding / Engagement
- Bridal / Baby shower
- Corporate Event
- Festival / Concert
- Theme Party
- Restaurant / Nightclub Shows
To book Yana for a performance at your event:
check availablility: email or call (386)383-2388 – if emailing please provide the date, time and location of the event as well as the number of guests you are expecting, and desired type of show.
sign the contract: when availability confirmed, you will receive performance contract, fill it out, sign and get it back to Yana via email/post.
Yana does not perform at all male events such as bachelor parties… no exceptions.